Common problems with scanner are scanners won’t turn on, strange noises from scanner, Scanners won’t scan etc.
Tips to troubleshoot the basic scanner related problems are:
1. Ensure that the scanner software is properly installed and all the settings are properly configured
2. Make sure that the power light on the scanner is turned on.
3. If any software related problems are noticed in scanner then uninstall and reinstall the scanner software
4. Try to perform the basic tests that are provided by the manufacturer.
5. Make sure that the cables to the scanner are properly connected.
6. Overheating, dust and humid environment can cause permanent damage to the scanner.
7. Restarting your computer, unplugging cables and verifying any hardware conflicts in the device manager can diagnose and troubleshoot the possible errors.