Copiers are still commonly utilized as an effective technique to make multiple copies of documents even though printers and all-in-one machines are widely used in offices and other places of business. However, copiers frequently begin leaving dark streaks on the copies they produce after extended use. These streaks could be caused by a variety of things, such as accumulated toner deposits inside the copier and copier drum scratches. But by performing routine copier maintenance, you can get rid of these streaks and keep your copier in good shape.
- Check the copier’s glass for cracks or other damage that could be the source of the streaks. You will need to get the glass professionally replaced if there are cracks.
- Clean the copier’s glass to get rid of any stains or materials that may have accumulated there while creating copies, such as correction fluid. Utilize a dry rag and glass cleaner. Create a single blank copy to see if the issue is resolved.
- Toner cartridge can be taken out by opening the copier’s front panel. After using a vacuum to get rid of any loose toner from the area where the cartridge is installed, clean the cartridge with a dry cloth.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow loose toner and other debris out of the copier’s interior. Clean the parts of the copier that are difficult to access, like the paper feed, by using the air.
- Make another blank copy after changing the toner cartridge. If the streaks persist, the copier drum’s toner, dirt, or scratches are probably to blame.
- To prevent harming the copier drum, turn off any bright lights in the copier room. So that you can access the drum, remove the toner cartridge once more. Instead of using your bare hands, carefully remove the drum from the copier using a microfiber cloth.
- Check the drum for cracks or scratches; if any are found, the drum must be replaced. By using compressed air to spray the drum, any toner or other debris can be removed.
- Carefully reinstall the toner cartridge and drum in the copier. The streaks should be eliminated after cleaning the glass, removing any loose toner, and cleaning the drum.